Our client is an international producer of aluminum, steel, copper and vinyl products for equipment manufacturers, distributors, contractors and home centers worldwide. Their core products include specialty coated coils, metal wall and roof systems, metal and vinyl rain carrying systems, soffit and fascia systems, roofing accessories, aluminum and vinyl windows and doors, patio products, aluminum recreational vehicle doors, windows and sidewalls.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Account Manager
This role will be tasked with developing the brokerage business by calling current and potential new customers on a tactical basis to obtain freight. This role will be working with both established and new clients and will partner with the sales and logistics team. This individual will manage day to day operations of the brokerage as well as drive growth and solicitation of freight. This role will learn, develop and drive TMS strategy and will continue to grow in position to use all data sources such as freight pay, TM, Oracle and carrier systems to gather data and drive savings and freight revenue to help profitability and customer growth.
- Develop a proactive relationship with the assigned customer accounts by resolution of issues and concerns in a timely manner and provide innovative solutions.
- Onboard and maintain relationships with underlying asset based carriers.
- Obtain new customer base by soliciting our client’s service.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in our client’s TMS system.
- Manage assigned customer accounts to ensure they receive the best product at the lowest possible cost, maximize margin, network efficiency and On-Time Performance (OTP).
- Serve as a liaison between sales, operations, carriers, and customers.
- Maintain quality service by monitoring standards and advising supervisor of potential problems.
- Offer alternative transportation solutions as necessary by analyzing internal and external account metrics.
- Source and procure carrier services to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight.
- Work closely with customer relations to schedule all shipments and handle customer service for all designated accounts.
- BS degree in preferred or equivalent in field of study related to the job.
- 2 years experience in transportation industry.
- 2 years minimum experience in freight brokerage.
- Ability to demonstrate originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrating a clear bias for action and a sense of urgency on priorities.
- Leadership abilities with strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Strong customer service orientation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developed computer skills using Microsoft applications.
This position offers a competitive base salary.