Our client is an environment that fosters loyalty, growth and rewards for its employees and clients. They are an international door to door logistics firm that understands the needs of each client and strives to exceed their expectations. Their overall mission as a custom brokerage and freight forwarder is to provide quality service as defined by the client, to reward people based on performance and loyalty, and to innovate and maintain technology ahead of the industry.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
Business Development Representative- Freight Forwarding (Remote)
This role is responsible for directing sales efforts to expand our client's customer base. This role will be responsible for generating new business and ensuring that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business. This individual should be a motivated customer sales representative with experience and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Pro-actively generate sales to achieve maximum profitability against mutually agreed sales targets.
- Identify and exploit new sales opportunities with existing and potential customers.
- Monitor customer accounts within the allocated sales area to ensure that sales potential is fully exploited.
- Establish and maintain effective communication links with other business units globally to identify all sales opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activity as specified by the company’s sales reporting requirements.
- Maintain awareness of the company’s products as well as internal and external market/trade information that is essential to support business objectives.
- Design and conduct presentations for existing and potential customers.
- Effectively communicate all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and customer requirements for new accounts to local operational staff and global network.
- Attend periodic sales meetings as outlined by management.
- Achieve mutually agreed targets set by manager.
- Coordinate sales visits/calls for overseas visitors.
- College education preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry-related sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- High intensity/drive.
- Ability to “think outside the box” and offer creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to have empathy for others.
- Demonstrated perseverance, adaptable, and someone who is a team player.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT