Our client is a top ten global provider of transportation and logistics services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. They provide pivotal supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. They’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels to join their 100,000-strong workforce and deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you’re ready to move the world forward, they’d like to invest in you.
Job Type: Full-time
Brokerage Sales Manager:
This role is ideal for a candidate that is excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities. At our client’s company, they’re excited to connect with talented individuals who will focus on securing and growing strategic accounts. As the Brokerage Sales Manager, you will lead a sales team, identify opportunities to present our client’s world-class services and generate new sales revenue. You’ll find yourself immersed in a rapidly growing environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. Our client will give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
- Oversee the current team of 3 Inside Sales Representatives and assist with growing this team to 10+ Sales Representatives.
- Interview and train new employees in customer sales roles and conduct employee reviews and establish detailed performance goals.
- Manage day to day operations with KPI metrics.
- Act as a liaison between the sales branch and carrier procurement center to work cross-functionally to review pricing, market penetration and service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Drive both revenue and margin growth across multiple verticals and modes.
- Develop and maintain best business practices.
- Provide industry expertise, guidance and support.
- Assist with pricing in submitting timely customer bid packages and RFP’s.
- Develop sales strategy and pipelines.
- Sell our client’s diverse book of services
- Use data to drive operational and productivity improvements:
- Review sales activity KPIs including revenue, margin, load count, call logs and CRM adherence.
- Review customer metrics in real time.
- Assist in developing quarterly/annual budgets and operating plans.
- Learn our client’s TMS software.
- Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of our client’s company.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Minimum of a 4-year degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ transportation related experience.
- 2-4 years’ non-asset based brokerage experience preferred.
- Proven leadership and management experience with the ability to effectively supervise, coach, and mentor employees.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete projects effectively within time limits.
- Strong ability to think strategically and drive sales.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload