Brokerage Sales Executive
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a full-service transportation broker, Freight Forwarder, and Indirect Air Carrier offering its customers logistics and supply chain solutions. In addition, they are a wholly-owned subsidiary that offers dedicated, hot shot, and customized solutions. The fleet consist of late model tractors and trailers for safety and dependability. Their equipment includes dry and refrigerated vans, and straight trucks.
Brokerage Sales Executive
This role will work under routine supervision and will be responsible for marketing our clients brand to develop new accounts and secure an established customer
base. The main focus of this role is to solicit business from new and existing customers to build business volume that aligns with corporate objectives. The Brokerage Sales Executive will also be responsible for freight sales, as they are required to meet margin and volume goals as outlined in the annual budget.
- Market, service, and promote the companys transportation products and services.
- Negotiate customer contracts.
- Maintain monthly revenue and profit goals.
- Engineer creative solutions to meet the customers needs.
- Solicit freight from existing customers.
- General account management responsibilities.
- Develop qualified leads and solicit freight from new customers.
- Book loads tendered from customers, trace loads as needed and handle any other related duties.
- Track freight volume by customer.
- Maintain and build effective relationships with customers.
- Assist internal customers with problems on loads or customers.
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointments.
- Using electronic means, post information on available trucks and capacity for specific regions.
- Two to four year degree from an accredited university or up to six months equivalent experience preferred.
- Transportation operational and sales experience and the ability to work flexible hours are highly desirable.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, stressful work environment.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with customers and employees.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and able to change focus quickly to meet demands of market conditions and/or company needs.
- Results-driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with customers and employees and make decisions in a timely, professional manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
This position offers a competitive base salary.