Our client has been providing industry leading logistic services, like no other, since 1982. They pride themselves on exceeding expectations with all of your transportation and warehousing needs. Competitive rates and exceptional customer service are guaranteed when you work with them.
Brokerage Operations Team Lead
The main objectives of this role is to coach, train and develop the Dispatchers and Load Coordinators to build our client’s bench strength. This role will also be tasked with the monitoring of day-to-day operations and ensure the Ops team is working hard to get the best rates from the carriers. It will be imperative that you know about every problem before it happens and to do that you must be engaged with all your employees and help provide solutions to issues prior to them being an issue. The success of this team will solely reflect your management and leadership.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage all freight that the Operations Team is moving.
- Check to ensure all loads have been picked up and are on schedule as requested.
- Make sure all notes have been entered into the order screen once an order has been dispatched in McLeod.
- Check call logs and making sure the calls are being made by the LC/D.
- Divide the work load out across your team to have it balanced among your team members.
- Support your team as needed to help provide updates to the customers, carriers, Sales and Customer service reps.
- Help supply rates on daily basis for your sales partners within your team.
- Ensure carrier relationships are being developed for all active lanes.
- Hold everyone accountable to the same standard of expectations, this will be very important to our client’s success.
- Ensure our client is receiving the DL and Cab registration on all carriers with less than 20 trucks.
- Ensure all DL and Cab registration cards are being sent to the shipper and a note should be added on the paperwork for them to verify the driver and truck registration at the time of pick up.
- Review all contract requests from customers and make a recommendation to the Operations Manager on proceeding with that carrier.
- Work closely with the Ops Manager to ensure our client is taking all appropriate actions and all claims will be reviewed with the Operations Manager prior to any commitments.
- Previous industry-related experience.
- Prior carrier sales experience.
- Understanding of the industry and experiencing working with different types of freight.
- Possess knowledge of carrier sand product movement.
- Previous leadership or management experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills to develop solutions to complex and multi-disciplined issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with all cross functional.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management