Brokerage Operations Manager
City & State:
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client provides truckload transportation services and contract logistics management to small and Fortune 500 manufacturers and distributors throughout North America. As a non-asset based third-party transportation provider, they bring vast distribution experience, resources and solutions that ultimately help customers to achieve supply-chain excellence.
Job Type: Full-time
Brokerage Operations Manager
This role will play a crucial role in the success of our client’s company. By ensuring shipments are consistently on-time and information is effectively communicated in timely manner, this role is pivotal towards driving service performance and customer satisfaction.
- Cultivate a positive, winning culture and work environment.
- Recruit, hire, train, retain and fire highly qualified team members based upon the company’s core values.
- Carry out company’s vision and core values every day while fostering those same values among subordinates and peers.
- Practice and enforce company policies and procedures consistently.
- Source motor carriers in accordance with company policy and DOT safety regulations.
- Develop lasting partnerships with motor carriers.
- Manage all freight claims to successful and timely outcomes.
- Build trust among all customers by providing predictable service, eliminate surprises and accurately and proactively sets timely expectations.
- Motivate and inspire company associates in a manner consistent with company values and company vision.
- Strive to maintain on-time service performance levels at or above monthly targets.
- Strive to meet and exceed monthly financial and performance goals (KPI’s).
- Remain fully versed on company handbook, policies, procedures and employee benefits.
- Administer team’s paid-time-off tracking.
- Stay current on industry and regulatory trends.
- Stay current on company’s technology roadmap and advances the use of worthwhile technology.
- 5 years minimum in freight brokerage environment.
- 2 years minimum in leadership role.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Awareness of internal (sales) and external customer needs.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Sound technology skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR