Our client is a project-based logistics company. They provide unique and innovative solutions in which the value extends beyond the simple physical movement of goods. Their solutions have been developed in close collaboration with their clients and they embrace innovative, yet practical approaches to logistical challenges.
Brokerage Logistics Coordinator
The Logistics Coordinator is a multi-faceted position that requires the right candidate to possess high problem-solving ability, quick negotiating, decision-making ability, exceptional people skills, and an excellent attitude for success. The main responsibilities of this position are focused on determining proper routing and shipping solutions for all modes of transportation, meeting the needs of customers through working with third party carriers and our client’s customers. Organizing movement of cargo utilizing our client’s Transportation Management System. Works closely with sales/customer teams, internal operations, and support teams to resolve logistics issues, invoicing, process documentation and data reporting. The ideal candidate is someone that is willing to take on new tasks due to the pure interest in learning and bettering their skill set. In addition, someone with strong communication skills, technology savvy, and is dedicated to the team’s overall performance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Taking orders from customers via email, phone, or web interface.
- Entering orders into company system.
- Providing updates, and ETAs to customers.
- Promptly addressing any delays, issues, or concerns.
- Problem solving to meet time requirements.
- Maximizing profit by finding the most cost-effective solution for transportation.
- Tracking and tracing loads.
- Negotiating rates for a variety of lanes.
- Managing carrier base.
- Dispatching Refrigerated Trailer loads.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook).
- Logistics/Transportation knowledge.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to define a problem, collect data, identify, and apply solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Managing/utilizing multiple systems.
This position offers a competitive hourly rate.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC