Our client prides themselves on excellent communication and service while consistently bringing lasting logistics solutions to the networks they join. Through peak seasons our extensive carrier relationships provide their clients the competitive edge needed to keep their freight moving at reasonable rates in load dense markets. Their knowledgeable staff of logistics professionals have considerable experience moving products ranging from raw materials and packaging to finished goods servicing some of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors, they are confident that their teams experience is what adds value to your core carrier network.
Brokerage Branch Manager
The Brokerage Branch Manager will have overall responsibility for the daily activities of our client’s Chicago office, while working to maximize the performance. As the leader, you will be responsible for accountability of individual talent development, manage and execute sales, achieve strategic business goals, and ensure the vision for the Chicago office is being met. You will operate as the lead point of contact for the Chicago office, connecting with key stakeholders. As the leader, you will focus on the fast-paced brokerage aspect of our business, helping customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing logistics solutions with a customer-centric yet competitive drive. You will use market knowledge and trends to strategically offer solutions and drive industry knowledge to the office.
Job Type: Full-time
- Set and lead branch vision and direction.
- Identify opportunities and drive sales growth with new and existing customers.
- Pursue opportunities to strengthen new and existing relationships.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the branch.
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports through formal and informal performance management, coaching, feedback, training and developmental tools.
- Review employee engagement measures and implement action plans to improve culture, engagement, and collaboration.
- Possess a broad understanding of our client’s services, resources, technologies, and leverages those appropriately.
- Build, manage, and leverage internal relationships to ensure collaboration, capacity alignment, issue resolution, and service improvements to maximize efficiencies and results.
- Develop and monitor annual operations and reports, reviews transportation activities and assesses unmet transportation needs.
- Create and continue a working relationship with your own clients.
- Organize regular staff meetings and build an environment in which employees willingly produce maximum work.
- Make sure performance goals are met individually and as an office.
- Creates and implements business continuity plans and clearly communicates to appropriate parties.
- Review and implement organizational structure to drive business objectives.
- In the event of an employee absence, make sure contingency plans are in place for staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years sales experience in the logistics and transportation industry.
- 3+ years logistics industry experience.
- 3 years’ experience in supervisory/management role.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to think quickly and manage high volume situations.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to build strong cross-departmental relationships.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence, and negotiate with others.
- Remains positive and flexible in an ever-changing environment with shifting priorities.
- Detail oriented with strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Aptitude to learn and proper use of Zoho/Aljex.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management