Our client engineers supply chain solutions that help move the things that move the world forward for market-leading companies. The company has headquarters and operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Our client serves customers in a variety of industries including: automotive; food, foodservice, grocery, beverage; CPG; manufacturing; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; high-tech and electronics; retail; chemical; publishing and packaging. Our client is an award- winning organization known for its expertise, thought leadership and world-class performance in helping leading companies optimize their supply chains. Their service offering is broad and includes: dedicated carriage, distribution center management, transportation management, lead logistics, supply chain consulting, and freight brokerage.
Brokerage Account Executive:
As an Account Executive, you will have responsibility to successfully initiate and develop business opportunities with new and existing customers. This role will develop and manage an individual customer portfolio and work in a team environment. This role will generate business through inside and outside transactional sales by way of prospecting, referrals, and business to business selling.
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential brokerage customers to meet or exceed established quotas.
- Gain and maintain access to decision-makers via a disciplined and structured prospecting regimen, including cold calling, networking, attending tradeshows, and social media.
- Explain products, services and prices and answer questions from customers.
- Prepare estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Take the lead in negotiating and closing deals by uncovering and addressing objections/ concerns from the customer.
- Achieve defined transactional sales goals and development standards required to attain the next level of career advancement.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Customer Focus
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer's business model and their unique challenges.
- Manage accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of brokerage business.
- Establish relationships with customers with freight spend less than $25M.
- Work with the brokerage team to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support to customers.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Internal Business Partnerships
- Leverage operational support while working within a team to continually improve the efficiency of overall book of business.
- Develop strategic partnerships with internal teams to identify cross-sell opportunities within specified market areas.
- Collaborate with the brokerage team on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing.
- Accurately track growth opportunities through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into Mercury Gate.
- Continually analyze brokerage accounts to determine efficiency and profitability.
- Take the lead in communicating direction and progress/ status of brokerage deals to senior leadership.
- At least 2 years’ sales experience required with proven track record in generating profitable revenue growth and retaining existing customers.
- Bachelor's degree preferred (experience may be substituted in lieu of education).
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts, products, and services.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Persistent, persuasive and able to overcome objections with the ability to be a good listener.
- Demonstrated sales aptitude with relentlessly high standards.
- Attention to detail and confident decision making skills.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to sales and service issues.
- Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to handle negotiations.
- Ability to connect and build rapport/ relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete our client’s employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position offers a competitive base salary.