Founded in Austin in 1996, our client has grown to become the leading global designer and wholesaler of trendsetting lifestyle home furnishings. With international offices in China, India, Vietnam, Mexico, Indonesia, and showrooms in High Point, North Carolina, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Austin, Texas, their team enthusiastically supports the growing needs of large retail chains, as well as independent regional stores and interior designers.
Associate Demand Planner
Our client, a leader in home furniture product development and distribution, is seeking a talented, versatile, best in class individual to join their Planning team. This motivated individual will provide demand forecast planning and analysis with a strong emphasis on making the supply chain both efficient and timely. The ideal candidate will demonstrate command of demand forecasting, product management skills, strong cross-functional leadership skills, exceptional analytical skills, and a track record of success in driving positive and continuous improvement within the organization.
Job Type: Full-time/Hybrid Schedule
- Responsible for tracking sales and inventory KPIs.
- Participate in new system implementations and upgrades, including ERP and demand planning.
- Manage customer reserve orders while partnering with Sales to determine optimal safety stock levels.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing on item cutovers and provide visibility into projected cutover dates.
- Provide Country Managers and Vendor Coordinators with brand reorder projections and new product forecasts as well as vendor performance scorecards.
- Own swatch and spare part ordering and inventory planning.
- Responsible for purchase order creation and acknowledgment process.
- Assist Demand Planners in reviewing purchase order pipeline and partner with the Company’s overseas team to determine optimal receipt flow.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis based on historical sales performance and product attributes as well as weekly reporting.
- Effectively communicate changes to purchase order ETAs to Sales team.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to drive process improvements.
- Ensure data integrity.
- Uphold the Company’s Core Values and be a valuable member of the Team.
- Other tasks as defined by Management.
- BA/BS Required
- 1-3 years of sales operations, retail planning, buying or equivalent analytical experience (furniture industry experience preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with aptitude to learn new systems quickly • Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of assigned work projects
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to influence cross-functionally
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, high value, home delivery, consumer products, devices, fragile, variable inventory, sort and segregation, hand count, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC