Founded in 1995, our client has grown to be among the world’s leading freight forwarding and logistics service provider. Their established network of offices and agents efficiently handle air, ocean, and land operations throughout the United States, Asia, and Europe. Their close relationships with major carriers in the industry make them a specialist in ocean transport, especially among transpacific trading routes. They’ve grown to be more than a globally ranked NVOCC (non-vessel operating common carrier). They proudly offer a wide variety of services to cover the entire supply chain, serving as a “One Stop Shop” that provides cost-effective management of goods, in order to bring their customers a peace of mind.
Air Freight Coordinator
Our client is looking to hire a responsible, hardworking, detailed-oriented air operations agent with strong customer service skills to join their team.
Job Type: Full time
- Process files from A-Z.
- Prepare, handle, and process documentation- including house and master air waybills, commercial documents, and customs/regulatory documents.
- Accurately track and trace cargo.
- Dispatch freight.
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, other company offices worldwide, and co-workers through email, phone, instant message, and in person.
- Generate and monitor reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely client billing.
- Contribute to maintaining strong vendor relationships- airlines, trucking companies, and others.
- Maintain compliance standards at all times- including internal policies and procedures, external government regulations, and customer requirements.
- Meet key performance indicators to support department, branch, product, and company goals.
- Desire to understand overall department process flow and constantly seek opportunities for improved efficiency.
- Create and maintain customer SOPs.
- Provide customer quotes on request.
- 1-2 years of experience handling transportation via air.
- Knowledge of world geography and global air ports.
- Previous experience working with trade lanes in Asia is a plus.
- Previous import and export experience is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining a positive attitude, organization of work, and superior customer service.
- Proficiency in mathematics used in international commerce and trade.
- Advanced computer literacy, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC