Aggregate Planning Lead
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Manufacturing & Production
Shipper, Inventory Management
Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, our client is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Their innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. They have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging their national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and their manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, this company operates a global network of 3,700 employees, 55 manufacturing plants and 33 distribution centers. In July 2014 they became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable their continued growth, our client is looking to add top talent to their dynamic organization.
Aggregate Planning Lead
The Aggregate Planning Lead is responsible for developing the rough cut capacity plan to ensure that required inventory levels are optimized for Finished Goods in each plant and are maintained in order to meet or exceed customer order fill rates to expected OTIFNE (On Time In Full No Errors) Service Level.
- Plan and implement the rough cut capacity plan to achieve inventory targets.
- Manage production equipment constraints across network to achieve monthly S&OP plans.
- Develop and lead monthly S&OP supply meetings with regional manufacturing team.
- Supports 18-24 month S&OP process.
- Identify long term scheduling bottlenecks preventing optimal inventory levels.
- Ensure balance between supply and demand to achieve optimum inventory level of finished goods inventory.
- Execute root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Understands, demonstrates, and contributes to developing Standard Work.
- Drive continuous improvement through process adherence.
- Utilization of a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for inventory strategies.
- Timely and accurate submission of required reports.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, computer science - preferred in Supply Chain Management. Or relevant work experience with 4 to 6 years experience in operations planning or equivalent experience
- 2-4+ years Supply Chain experience in Demand and Supply planning
- Experience with Oracle, Oracle Cloud Planning and PowerBI
- Demonstrated ability to create monthly long term plans
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software Oracle is highly preferred. Other ERP software such as SAP, etc., will be considered
- Strong bias for action
- Shares and leverages learning’s within working team
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong data analytic skills preferred.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Industrial equipment, machinery, heavy haul, overside, materials, metals, woods, plastics, extrusions, adhesives, leasing, drop-site, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC