Accounting Clerk - Logistics
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Accounting & Finance
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client brings multiple points of supply chain compliance, optimization, and management together with expert market intelligence and information technology. Their cutting-edge, web-based solution allows them to provide fully customizable deployment, implementation, execution, and management solutions for full truckload, less-than-truckload, ocean, air freight, and parcel. This solution allows their customer’s to connect instantly with carriers, view and analyze up-to-date data, and receive real-time rates for every shipment in their supply chain.
Accounting Clerk - Logistics:
This position will assist in the maintenance of the accounting system and varies steps in the financial reporting processes.
- Run automation program for the TMS (Transportation Management System) to export Account Receivable/Account Payable into QuickBooks.
- Fix and communicate errors in the automation runs.
- Receive customer payments in QuickBooks and pay vendors in QuickBooks.
- Correct prices in the TMS so that the prices in QuickBooks will be updated.
- Verify Account Payables from vendors and process the vendor payments.
- Communicate with external and internal parties.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting related fields is highly preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of logistics and transportation industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of working integrity and responsibility.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: accounting, bookkeeping, auditing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, balance, AR, AP, asset, inventory, expense, gross margin, revenue, CPA, Certified Public Accountant, overhead, trends, costs, sales reports, administrative services, receipts, W-9, 1099, ledger, payments, finance, schedules, commission, documentation, invoice, statements, billing, Excel, taxes, transactions, payment terms, accrued expenses, metrics, cost management, OPEX, COGS, CAPEX, actual costs, risks, savings potential, AOP, forecast, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC