Our client offers industry-leading shipping services including air and ocean freight forwarding, intermodal and truck transportation, consolidation, warehousing, distribution, customs brokerage and logistics management solutions. They have grown into one of North America’s leading logistics providers, with U.S. global headquarters in Chicago, IL and Canadian headquarters in Montreal, QC. They offer a full suite of supply chain and transportation solutions that include all surface transportation services (LTL, FTL, and inter-modal), worldwide international service (Air and Ocean,) distribution, warehousing, freight management and supply chain consulting. They have expertise in complete logistical solutions at both a tactical and a strategic transportation management level.
Job Type: Full-time
3PL Sales Executive
This role is responsible for generating customer business at a transactional or enterprise level. The focus of this position is to build relationships with customers who are looking for a dedicated provider for their logistics needs. This position would be fully supported by in-office operational team to coordinate all logistics and handle the day to day accounts. The ideal candidate has experience in the logistics industry and a portable book of business. This role will be expected to can handle their own operations or will be assigned carrier sales representatives to support their accounts as they grow.
- Cold call potential customers to build your own business.
- Build, maintain, and grow relationships with customers.
- Problem solve any issues that arise.
- Talk to prospective customers across the country.
- Coordinate shipments between your customers and your carriers.
- Help mentor new teammates as you grow with the company.
- Negotiate rates and contracts.
- Participate in up to 12 months in a paid training program, followed by on-going mentoring.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Previous logistics industry experience preferred.
- Ability to bring a transferable book of business is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and handle stress.
- Ability to receive feedback and be coachable.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload