Specializing as a third-party transportation broker, our client works with shippers and carriers across the nation to arrange the transportation of dry, refrigerated, and flatbed freight. While they consider themselves experts in frozen and produce loads, they welcome all other transportation challenges. Although our client is a young brokerage, they bring to the table over 20 years’ experience in the transportation industry. Utilizing one of their numerous pre-screened carriers, their customers can expect on-time pick-up and delivery of freight. Our client strives to provide the best possible service and rates while communicating the progress of one’s product.
3PL Sales Executive: This individual will be managing oneself and one’s book of business. This position will be building relationships with customers and carriers and cold calling to build a customer base. This role will be booking, dispatching and track and tracing all trucks on loads. If you are driven to make money and have freedom, then this is the company for you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Find new customers and close sales, focusing on all shippers, but particularly larger companies.
- Demonstrate strong phone and in person prospecting skills in accordance with selling.
- Grow volume and profitability of existing customers by providing professional service.
- Build carrier and customer relations.
- Manage oneself.
- Provide customer service and represent the company.
- Demonstrate pricing proficiency, resourcefulness and creativity
- Present pricing services to customers and estimating costs of carrier services.
- Negotiate pricing and service alternatives with customers.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an agent or sales in the transportation industry.
- Ability to bring a current book of business generating money.
- Ability to multi-task and manage oneself.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sales oriented.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service/relationship building.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.