Our client is an asset based logistics provider founded in 1986. They provide freight transportation and logistics, outsource solutions, produce sourcing, and information services to customers through a network of their offices in North America and Asia. They’ve built a strong reputation as an industry leader due to their performance-driven culture, and their proven track record of success.
3PL Outside Sales Manager – Southeast:
This role will be responsible for generating new business to grow the truck brokerage operations.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Contact new shippers by cold calling and using known contacts within the industry.
- Set up meetings with shippers to sell truckload and brokerage services.
- Determine the best coverage opportunities. Lane by lane or country wide based on shippers needs or areas of interest.
- Create presentations for shippers to include best coverage options.
- Negotiate rates on new business lanes to include opportunities for annual rate increases based on service levels.
- Create contracts for new business.
- Create shipping procedures for new business.
- Work with the operational team for the first 90 days to ensure coverage that was sold is being managed properly.
- Be the point of contact for shippers on escalated items.
- Meet with shippers every 90 days and continue to build relationships to increase business opportunities.
- Other sales functions as requested by the company.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Proven track record of domestic truck sales, specifically in the truck brokerage area.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the trucking industry.
- Ability to multitask and to manage several tasks at once.
- Proficient computer skills, including high level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people in and outside the organization.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer