Established in 1961, Tucker Company Worldwide client is a privately owned Third Party Logistics Company (3PL) that has been providing successful freight logistics and supply chain solutions for three generations. They utilize all modes of transportation to arrange logistics all over the world: including truck, rail, ocean and air. They focus on building and maintaining long-lasting business relationships with customers, carriers and service providers. By hiring and retaining only the best people, they have been able to streamline practices within supply chains, increasing efficiencies and managing cost. They are not only the oldest privately held freight transportation brokerage in the country, but also a widely-recognized industry leader for over half a century.
3PL Inside Sales Representative: This individual will grow company profits, by continually finding and onboarding new customers, and by professionally serving and developing strong relationships with existing customers through continual needs assessment, solution development, and solution delivery. This person is expected to be a consummate professional in all activities relating to representing the company, in the office, on the phone, in the field, entertaining customers and otherwise. This person is expected to achieve consistent growth, year over yearin spread dollars, load count, and in the value of our customer relationships (customer relationship value = $ spread/customer). Annually, sales goals are expected to rise.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Find new customers and close sales, focusing on all shippers, but particularly larger companies.
- Demonstrate strong phone and in person prospecting skills in accordance with Socratic Selling.
- Grow volume and profitability of existing customers by providing professional service.
- Focus on securing lanes over loads, regular shipper over irregular shippers: Priority should be placed on finding and developing customers with repeat, truckload volume.
- Demonstrate achievement, or at minimum ongoing progress toward, meeting or exceeding all specified company goals for, e.g., revenue, spread, load count.
- Work as a positive team member, always available to assist colleagues, teammates, carriers, customers, etc.
- Collaborate closely with CSR and KAM staff to perfectly understand and articulate customer needs to (a) maximize customer satisfaction; and (b) maximize motor carrier engagement, involvement and satisfaction.
- Close deals, accept and enter loads, set appointments, and “gift wrap” loads for CSRs to cover, update customer on status, problems, issues, successes, follow up after delivery. Ensure TMS contains all necessary information concerning shipment details, freight handling requirements, and all customer needs and expectations.
- Demonstrate pricing proficiency, resourcefulness and creativity, relating to: Pricing Company services to customers and estimating costs of carrier services and negotiating pricing and service alternatives with customers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in:
- Understanding customer requirements, challenges and opportunities.
- Communicating to the team, all relevant order facts, to ensure perfect service.
- Communicating non-order specific customer facts and opportunities to our internal team, including supervisors, management, coworkers, carrier sales team, and key account managers.
- Managing the business of, and relationships within, a national account customer portfolio.
- Managing a customer database and transportation management system, maintaining current information.
- Managing a sales funnel, and moving prospects through to closing.
- Communicating to management, at any time, the status of customer portfolio & sales funnel.
- Establish meetings with a purpose or agenda with customers and prospects, when warranted.
- Demonstrate to DS a “business case” in advance of field travel to customers and prospects.
- Demonstrate proficiency scheduling field travel to minimize drive time and maximize meeting times.
- Be aware of, review, know where to find, and work in accordance with, company policies and procedures.
- Work successfully with the members of your team, your supervisor, and all other staff. Ensure your responsibilities are covered when out of the office.
- Demonstrate business acumen and strong interpersonal skills.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of the book, Socratic Selling required.
- 2-3 years’ sales experience preferred.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate strong organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, initiative and the ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Excel is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail and provide consistent followthrough is required.
This position offers a competitive base salary, incentive and benefits.