Specializing as a third party transportation broker, our client works with shippers and carriers across the nation to arrange the transportation of dry, refrigerated, and flatbed freight. While they consider themselves experts in frozen and produce loads, they welcome all other transportation challenges. Although they are a young brokerage, they bring to the table over 20 years’ experience in the transportation industry. Utilizing one of their numerous pre-screened carriers, their customers can expect on time pick-up and delivery of freight. They strive to provide the best possible service and rates while communicating the progress of one’s product. Let them allow you to focus on your business while they care for your freight.
Job Type: Full-time; Work from home
1099 Freight Broker:
This role will serve as an individual contractor who will own their own business. This role will be responsible for getting customers and moving their freight. This role consists of both sales and operations aspects and requires a candidate that is comfortable handling both. The ideal candidate is sales-minded, confident at building relationships and growing a portfolio of customers and carriers.
- Manage customer/carrier relationships.
- Establish customer business and oversee account management process.
- Upsell and retain customers.
- Build relationships with owner-operators to further service business as needed.
- Negotiate rates.
- Source carriers.
- Generate sales leads.
- Track load status.
- College degree is strongly encouraged, but not required.
- 1-2+ years of prior experience in a sales-related role.
- Prior relationships with owner-operators is preferred.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools in completing assignments.
This position offers a competitive agent plan.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping