Our client was established in 2006 to take away the nonsense and solve problems in the shipping process instead of creating them as many freight carriers do. Their goal is to simplify the shipping process and offer personal service.
This role will serve as an individual contractor who will own their own business. This role will be responsible for getting customers and moving their freight. This role consists of both sales and operations aspects and requires a candidate that is comfortable handling both.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Manage customer/carrier relationships.
- Establish customer business and oversee account management process.
- Upsell and retain customers.
- Build relationships with owner-operators to further service business as needed.
- Negotiate rates and source for carriers.
- Generate sales leads.
- Continuously monitor freight throughout the shipping process.
- Confirm shipment instructions, pick-up times and delivery times, and notify the customer of any changes to delivery schedules immediately.
- Create and provide customers with freight quotes.
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experience within the logistics industry.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
This position offers a competitive agent plan.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR