Strategic Account Manager - Logistics
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), Managed Transportation
Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.
Strategic Account Manager - Logistics:
The Strategic Account Manager - Logistics is responsible for the growth, process, customer engagement, customer satisfaction, and overall management of a strategic account or portfolio and the connecting the Companys Account Managers.
- High-level operational point-of-contact for one or many internal/external clients.
- Escalation resource for customer corrective action situations.
- Provides guidance and training to TM Coordinators, Sr Coordinators, and Account Managers.
- Assists in the learning and development of all TM operations representatives.
- Make client-based decisions for the betterment of the division and/or the broader organization.
- Initiate continuous improvement strategies that improve internal and external operations.
- Oversee all daily procedures associated with one or many portfolios including the management of daily shipment activity, route guides, exception management and resolution, appointment scheduling, tracking initiatives, procure carrier spot-market capacity, and execute shipment optimization activities.
- Manage carrier compliance and accountability through KPIs and score-carding processes.
- Consult and offer best practices through extensive knowledge of the supply chain market and your customers network.
- Identify opportunities to connect customers to other company divisions to improve their network and drive revenue to the broader organization.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews (QBR) with your customer through several presentation methodologies.
- Work with supply chain engineers and analysts to generate key performance indicators and create customer savings and growth opportunities.
- Collaborates with TM director of operations to create and manage internal/external standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement that provides additional value to internal/external clients.
- Gain familiarity with company departments such as Carrier Relations, Freight Audit/Payment and Invoicing.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Ability to facilitate responsibility and manage expectations.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of transportation-related industry experience with demonstrated acumen.
- Strong people management skills and experience.
- P&L knowledge and understanding.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills.
- High level of business acumen and leadership qualities.
- Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor.
- Ability to meet/exceed time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of internal/external management
- Availability to work flexible hours and travel based upon the Company and external client needs.
- Proficient with MS Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Individual commitment to strengthen existing skill set and also acquiring new skills as required by client or department demands.
- In-depth knowledge of TMS programs used for brokerage services.
- Individual commitment towards sharpening existing or acquiring new skills as required by demands of the business or customers.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.