Our client is a leading provider of Full Service Transportation Management and Brokerage services for Shippers across all industries. They handle millions of loads annually across all freight modes. Their Carrier Network consists of 45,000+ carriers and their TMS System provides business intelligence and technology enabled transportation solutions. Through their talented people, innovative technology and proven processes, they create customized solutions based on client's needs. They exceed customer expectations from pick up through delivery every shipment, every time. With one of the fastest growing staffs of logistics professionals in the industry, they deliver best-in-class service to each and every customer.
The Recruiter is responsible for high volume recruitment in a fast-paced environment. The Recruiter is responsible for finding and sourcing candidates by conducting college visits, attending career fairs and attending network events. The Junior Recruiter will be responsible for achieving hiring targets and objectives.
- Handle recruiting efforts for the Company's Offices.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews with prospective applicants.
- Prepare correspondence with applicants or interested parties.
- Conduct pre-interview activities including administration of candidate testing.
- Coordinate, schedule and attend college/campus visits and career days.
- Coordinate, schedule and attend various career fairs.
- Assist with orientation process including, but not limited to, making sure new hire has completed all necessary paperwork; all paperwork is forwarded to correct parties and assignment of mentor.
- Confer with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications and skills.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Initiate contact with possibly qualified candidates for specific job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements and to provide information about organization and position.
- Screen and refer candidates for additional interview with others in organization.
- Coordinate participation in, sets up displays and work at job fairs.
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
- Make public presentations at schools and job fairs regarding the organization and opportunities.
- Utilize Internet online recruiting sources to identify and recruit candidates.
- Provide information on company facilities and job opportunities to potential applicants.
- Coordinate communication with applicants.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
- Bachelors Degree (Minimum).
- Some overnight travel required.
- 1+ year of Recruiting and/or Sales experience.
- PC Proficient (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Excellent Communication and Organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to added/new job requirements.
- Prior Transportation or Brokerage experience a PLUS, but not Required.
- Experience in high volume Recruitment environment is a PLUS.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.