Outside Logistics Sales Executive
City & State:
Salt Lake City, UT
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions)
Our client has evolved into a global Freight Forwarder with multi-modal capabilities including ground expediting, domestic airfreight, international airfreight, ocean freight, LTL trucking and truckload services. Their current staff averages more than 25 years of experience in the Transportation and Logistics industries.
Outside Logistics Sales Executive:
The Outside Logistics Sales Executive is responsible for being a strategic seller. This position will focus on multi-level relationships with customers including: networking with customers, building strong relationships, obtaining information from various parties to understand internal activities and find selling opportunities.
- Prospect and cold call in a designated sales territory developing new customers.
- Identify and execute revenue enhancing strategic partnerships.
- Manage, renew and up-sell existing clients.
- Collaborate with sales team to develop expertise and new customers.
- Prepare client presentations, contract negotiations and provide follow through.
- Respond to RFPs with a high degree of detail and in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in company promotional events, as well as, outside company sales gatherings, such as networking events and client promotions.
- Organize workflow to divide time effectively between business development and maintaining current relationships.
- Responsible to achieve growth and margin. Responsible and accountable for respective budget; leads sales budget preparations.
- Interface with various internal departments to ensure delivery of customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years Outside Business to Business Sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous LTL, Truckload or International Sales Experience is required.
- Previous Logistics/Transportation Sales experience highly preferred.
- Must have an established network/book of business.
- Must have a proven sales track record in business development.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and maintain solid working relationships with clients and staff.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary + Bonus Potential and Standard Benefits.