Our client was founded in 2008 and they are privately held and located in Emerald Isle, N.C. Their services include small package rate negotiation, parcel invoice audit, and freight services. Customers also benefit from their technology, including their online shipping dashboard and best-in-class transportation management system.
National Sales Manager:
This individual is responsible for growing revenue for the company by utilizing strong skills and experience in B2B sales, strategy and negotiation. He/she consults with prospects and partners who have shipping and freight needs to help achieve their savings goals and drive business strategies while maximizing the highest level of quality and client satisfaction. He/she is responsible for the overall management of lead development, contract negotiations, contract compliance and ongoing account management.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Identify and develop new clients through ethical sales methods and relevant relationships.
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and prospect contact toward meeting yearly KPIs while also managing personal time and productivity.
- Plan and manage client business portfolio.
- Use customer and prospects contact activities tools and systems including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Salesforce, and keep relevant information held in these systems up-to-date.
- Respond to and follow up sales inquiries using appropriate methods.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Achieve yearly KPI and Salesforce compliance goals.
- Demonstrates behaviors associated with a high-performance sales culture; specifically, sales and negotiation expertise to successfully increase all phases of the sales cycle and to professionally secure a client.
- Participation in tradeshows, corporate sales meetings and VIP events is required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Moderate to heavy travel to prospect and/or client locations.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent education combined with work experience.
- Experienced with B2B sales and account management.
- Parcel and/or Freight experience is highly valued.
- Must demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent phone etiquette & presentation skills.
- Ability to answer client’s questions and successfully resolve issues and/or negotiate matters related to the sale and/or client.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business contracts.
- Ability to analyze and calculate figures such as discounts, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply basic algebra
- Thorough knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
- Must demonstrate outstanding organizational skills
- Possess the ability to multi-task in multiple software systems (Salesforce, Outlook, Webex, Skype for Business)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variable in situations where only limited standardization exists.
This position offers a competitive base salary.