National Logistics Sales Executive
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Inside
Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor), Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is grower, shipper, and packer of fresh produce based out of Springdale, Arkansas. For 80+ years, they have been supplying customers across the nation with all varieties of potatoes, watermelon, sweet corn, onions, carrots, pumpkins and much more. The Company is owned by West Palm Beach, FL based Group, totaling in over 10,000 acres of agricultural production. The Company has a network of family farms located in all major growing regions of the country to whom they provide exclusive marketing, services and resources to enable them to be successful. Because of this vast network and production, they are able to supply and ship fresh produce to all areas of the US. The Company's Transportation & Logistics department is an in-house team who ship over 20,000 loads annually. They work with reliable and efficient carriers to ensure on time delivery at the best cost to the customer.
National Logistics Sales Executive:
The National Logistics Sales Executive are very important to the growth and success of the business. Our client is looking for those who are empowered to make decisions, building a book of business and driven with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Generate new business leads by cold calling and setting appointments.
- Deliver sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients to determine their shipping needs.
- Ensure that all client freight loads are shipped on time
- Meet or exceed all performance goals.
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed decisions.
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Negotiate with shippers and carriers.
- Be honest and proactive in your communication to customers and carriers.
- Network daily with top logistics industry professionals to qualify and close leads.
- Lead by example to influence and inspire your peers, clients and vendors with hard work, ethical business practices and detailed professionalism.
- Communicate with support team to ensure high levels of customer service, continued account growth and profitability.
- Assist clients in pricing and budgeting for current and future transportation projects.
- 3-5 years of sales experience.
- Logistics experience is a positive but not required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Independent and works well in a team environment.
- Incentive-driven sales “hunter” with an innate determination to succeed.
- Professional demeanor and high level of integrity.
- High sense of urgency and thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must enjoy cold-calling and speaking with people face to face.
- Proven track record of successful sales and client cultivation.
- Experience in a performance-based compensation model.
- Proven track record of pipeline development and closing sales.
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate and influence others.
- Possesses ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Confident decision-making and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Coachable, competitive and strong desire to grow and develop within the organization.
- Resilient, strong work ethic, self-motivated, enthusiastic and driven.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission and standard benefits.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR