Our client is an asset based logistics provider founded in1986. They provide freight transportation and logistics, outsource solutions, produce sourcing, and information services to customers through a network of their offices in North America and Asia. To meet their customers' freight needs, they provide access to their trucks and 66,000 transportation providers worldwide, including contract motor carriers, railroads, air freight carriers, and ocean carriers. They’ve built a strong reputation as an industry leader due to their performance-driven culture, and their proven track record of success.
This role will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and securing carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Job Type: Full-time
- Qualify carriers to meet company safety and compliance standards.
- Negotiate transportation rates, issue rate confirmations and dispatch freight.
- Closely follow market trends and seasonality of lanes and modes of transportation.
- Develop customer relationships to secure freight via phone, internet, networking and other means.
- Develop carrier relationships to secure freight coverage options using pre-qualified carrier database or by posting to load boards.
- Perform track and trace functions to ensure on-time deliveries to customers.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks finding ways to gain efficiencies.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with industry laws and regulations.
- Process internal administration documents.
- Report business account activities.
- Experience within the U.S. domestic transportation industry working in operations.
- 1-2 years of experience as a transportation freight broker.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the trucking industry.
- Ability to multitask and to manage several tasks at once.
- Proficient computer skills, including high level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people in and outside the organization.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound judgment, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service.
- Ability to follow direction and use logical thought process to solve problems that arise.
- Ability to complete documentation requirements.
- Heavy phone and email use during the day.
- Form mutually beneficial carrier/broker relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiar with USDOT HOS regulations.
This position offers a competitive base salary.