Chicago catering has never been as easy or affordable. Since 1978, our client has offered quality catering services at affordable prices. Throughout their history, they have turned corporate gatherings, home parties, picnics and weddings into priceless memories. Simply stated, their mission is to provide their clients with outstanding quality, excellent pricing and superior customer service. From drop off service to complete event management, they can provide a simple buffet for twenty or a themed event for thousands. Their coordinators are available to help plan your menu, select rentals, choose décor or suggest a suitable venue for your event. They provide service to all of Chicago, from the Wisconsin border to the Indiana border and out to the Fox River Valley, so feel free to contact them at your convenience.
Event Staffing & Delivery Routing Coordinator
Our client is seeking an Event Staffing & Delivery Routing Coordinator to manage the hiring, training and day to day of both servers and captains for a variety of catering events. This role will also be responsible for managing all catering deliveries and driver schedules.
- Hire, train, and schedule captains, bartenders, servers, porters, delivery drivers, and catering staff, and be actively involved in the development of existing catering staff in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative feedback.
- Direct all front of the house activities including direct oversite of all set-up work, servers and other associates that provide customer service functions to our client’s customers.
- Work with the foodservice manager/chef for the overall execution and design/ development of daily and event catering menus.
- Oversee all personnel management activities, including hourly candidate selection, training, development, and disciplinary procedures when required.
- Maintain safety and sanitation standards in accordance with local regulations and company policies.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all staff, including compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Act as a team leader and take responsibility for problem-solving and catering event management.
- Provide on the job training for staff in the established standards for banquet and catering service.
- Manage payroll for both drivers and event staff.
- Plan routes and manage driver schedules and drivers.
- Manage all resources for routing local deliveries.
- Track productivity with routing and delivery staff and track performance to improve customer satisfaction.
- Focus on operational planning/routing (will not be involved with fleet/truck maintenance, etc).
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service including: pleasantly greet/direct customers, assist disabled guests and answer general informational questions.
- Possess knowledge about food being served, including allergens, ingredients, etc.
- May be assigned administrative tasks involved in processing banquet event orders
- 2+ years of catering/banquet manager/captain experience.
- 2+ years of experience recruiting, interviewing, training, and managing off premise staff.
- Previous routing/delivery experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of liquor and food handling certifications.
- Familiarity with the local catering and event venue market.
- Understanding of event staffing best practices and staffing estimates and planning.
- Independent work style with the ability to work as a team member as well.
- Must be professional and pay close attention to detail at all times.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage a crew.
- Create a positive, upbeat atmosphere and maintain extraordinary order of the crew while ensuring the best customer service.
- Ensure a quality experience is provided for each event.
- Ensure staff are trained properly to support all of our client’s events.
- Must have reliable transportation.
This position offers a competitive base salary.