Our client is one of the top 3PL companies in the country and provides advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a national network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. All of their distribution centers blend a sophisticated radio-frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels.
Job Type: Full-time
Distribution Operations Supervisor
The candidate selected for this role will lead a team of warehouse operations personnel as they execute organizational and operational objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of warehouse operations personnel as they carry out daily warehouse functions.
- Ensure that operational resources, including equipment and human talent, are properly allocated in relation to daily needs. • Serve as a role model to all subordinate staff in the completion of the company's Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality Policy objectives.
- Effectively represent the organization to a diverse workforce and nurture a culture of safety and responsibility amongst all subordinate staff.
- Serve as a mentor, leader, and team builder. • Coordinate the efforts of shipping office and operations personnel to ensure that customer orders are effectively satisfied.
- Liaise between subordinate staff and senior management to ensure organizational goals and objectives are effectively communicated and met.
- Oversee all administrative processes within the distribution center to include generation of shift, labor, and operational reports.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with all company safety and operational standards.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for warehouse and some dock office positions.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management experience in a distribution center environment.
- Extensive supply chain process expertise including some manufacturing, inbound receiving, storage, retrieval (full pallets, case pick, layer pick), shipping, transportation, etc.
- Hold an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in business management or logistics.
- Excellent organizational and management skills to include the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills to include a proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of RF-enabled warehouse technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of material handling challenges.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management
This position offers a competitive base salary.