Director of Final Mile Operations
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is an established logistics & transportation company. They create solutions to complex logistics and transportation problems for their customers.
Director of Final Mile:
The Director of Final Mile will be responsible for the Supply Chain Final Mile product offering. They will ensure that assigned projects are brought from concept to implementation to fully operational status. This candidate will be the leader of the Final Mile department and oversee the overall performance of all Final Mile operations. They will drive the success of the Final Mile product and deliver revenue from design through new project implementation and continuing operations.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Lead the implementation and operations of the Final Mile strategy
- Oversee general management of Final Mile operations
- Develop and achieve key delivery performance and quality metrics. Some of these metrics could be driven by the customer.
- Develop and maintain Final Mile capacity planning
- Manage and maintain customer relationships and carrier relationships
- Manage and maintain third party and technology provider relationships
- Direct and manage operations personnel at customer and SCS sites
- Plan for and manage change, at an organizational, program and project delivery level
- Provide clear, concise status reports, metrics and updates to senior client stakeholders and sponsors outlining progress against agreed schedule, scope, cost and quality constraints on a structured and ad-hoc basis
- May be involved in pre-sales presentations and discussions with customers
- Assist sales team with scoping projects and developing proposals
- 4-year college degree in a relevant field is preferred; or commensurate industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a dedicated or last mile environment
- Demonstrable business development, personnel training and sales successes
- Demonstrable operations knowledge
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organization, project and personnel management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel and Word.
- Self-Starter capable of working independently and making decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentations skills with the capability to create an environment where there is motivation for free thinking of ideas
- Ability to articulate to potential and new clients the capability of the organization
- Analytical ability with the capability to understand clients’ business challenges, solve complex problems and develop client-centric solutions
- More than 50% travel may be required
This position offers a competitive base salary.