Dangerous Goods Operations Specialist
City & State:
Moses Lake, WA
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor), Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Freight Forwarding (Ocean/Air/Domestic)
Our client is a market leader in delivering Dangerous Goods training and consulting services. They support their customers in their procedures and offer adapted products and solutions to their problems. Trident is a wholly-owned Irish company established in 1990. They have been delivering world-class training courses covering Dangerous Goods transportation / HazMat for the last 18 years across the 3 major modes of transport. Our client has been servicing shippers, carriers, and receivers of Dangerous Goods for over 25 years. Throughout that period they have supported their clients across the globe with expertise and peace of mind.
Dangerous Goods Operations Specialist:
The Dangerous Goods Operations Specialist role requires logistical understanding and warehouse experience. This ideal candidate will have dangerous goods / hazardous materials experience by air and road. This role is demanding and they will possess initiative and the ability to work within the team environment of the customer’s personnel, alongside the support team and will typically be on their own in customers warehouse.
• Manage and create warehouse paperwork – including best practices roll outs, and document, package inspection.
• Perform dangerous goods specialist services including national and international regulatory compliance and strict adherence to the legal requirements of those regulations.
• Advise client on packaging requirements, packaging solutions, intermediates and logistical compliance.
• Manage intermediate compliance with customers internal transportation teams along with any outside vendor they use. This includes but is not limited to the customers own compliance and packaging personnel
• Establish future projects to increase response efficiency in the dangerous goods program.
• Execute imports and exports including returns to third parties.
• Deep knowledge and support regarding transport regulations of Air and Road transport.
• 2-3 years dangerous goods or Hazardous Materials experience.
• BSC qualification in Logistics/Supply chain or similar.
• Hazmat training certificates for Road and Air.
• Initiative, decision-making, works well as a team member is essential.
• Builds on the customer relationship and is solution-oriented.
• Experience with domestic road travel.
• Must have a clean record and be able to pass a background check.
• Warehouse and logistics work experience preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary.