Carrier Sales Manager
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a rapidly growing, Minnesota based company providing transportation services and logistics solutions to market-leading customers nationwide. Our client specializes in Full-Service Logistics focusing on Temp Controlled Truckload (TL) and LTL, Dry Van, Warehousing and Cross-docking. Our client is focused on exceptional customer service, integrated logistics technology, and a strong passion for providing the most comprehensive options for customers. Internally, our client prides themselves on a culture and environment that is challenging, supportive, fast-paced, and fun!
Job Type: Full-Time
Carrier Sales Manager:
This position is responsible for leading the carrier development and non-asset freight operations for the Brokerage division. This individual will be responsible for creating an environment where all Carrier Sales Representatives are internally competitive, high performing, self-motivated, follow established procedures and live company values. This individual should be organized and conduct regularly scheduled training and coaching sessions with each individual team member. This individual will also be expected to contribute firsthand and work to strategically develop long-term carrier relationships.
- Develop and maintain best business practices and carrier sales strategies.
- Create and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) within the carrier department.
- Manage the coordination of freight movements via various modes.
- Focus on carrier relationship development, negotiated discounted rates, and service reliability.
- Price RFPs with input from Account Managers and Sales.
- Continuously develop current pricing on all lanes through direct contact with carriers, posting loads and utilizing 3rd party data sources.
- Direct and oversee Buyers and New Carrier Acquisition.
- Negotiate rates with carriers.
- Identify struggle lanes with new and existing carriers and work with Sales and Customer Service to acquire lanes.
- Reduce reliance in external load boards (DAT, ITS, etc.) and leverage available load matching services/web boards for coverage as necessary.
- Follow through on each transaction from beginning to end by selling and closing each freight deal with third party carrier partners.
- Work closely with Account Managers to execute high level customer service.
- Maintain a growing active carrier base with detailed equipment and resources so it is searchable and easy for load planners to maximize their audience.
- Understand and promote companys culture, goals, policies and procedures.
- College degree in business or transportation field is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with logistics operations and management.
- Reefer non-asset FT based experience preferred.
- Integrity, Entrepreneurial attitude, competitive and confident personality.
- Working knowledge and utilization of transportation management systems.
- Ability to develop long-term relationships.
- Strong management skills and leadership presence to command and motivate carrier group.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to service issues.
- Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to handle negotiations.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage