Carrier Procurement Specialist
City & State:
Fort Thomas, KY
Entry Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a non-asset based logistics provider headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. They have grown by using their own fleet and outside carriers to meet and exceed customers' service expectations. They are driven to meet the service needs of their customers and are passionate about their success. Their vast carrier network enables them to deliver customers' products on time and provide seamless communication from shipper to receiver. They do it right the first time and every time. Their experienced and knowledgeable sales and operations team members have a vested interest in the success of all their customers. They are a company that sets high expectations of their team members and rewards them for achieving their goals.
Carrier Procurement Specialist:
Job Type: Full-time
This position manages all activities related to the procurement of loads and the movement of customer freight from one location to another. This position works closely with customers to serve and to support them in meeting their shipping objectives. Utilizes discretion and good judgment to manage and troubleshoot all aspects of the movement of customers’ freight, including negotiating rates and terms of the freight movement with the objective of providing excellent customer service in an effort to grow the Company’s business.
- Develop carrier relationships in order to effectively support our customers.
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions.
- Daily contact with carriers to determine availability and negotiate transportation rates.
- Securing transportation, matching carriers with customers, and maintaining positive customer and carrier relations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
- Oversee carriers to ensure that loads are completed safely and on time.
- Utilize TMS system to track and manage customer shipments.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to carriers and internal customers.
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and develop new carrier relationships.
- Support weekend requirements.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- Education: 4-year degree preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others.
- Driven, enthusiastic, highly motivated, and results focused.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including persuasion and
- Commitment to executional excellence and outstanding customer service.
- Excellent time management skills; capable to manage and prioritize work and customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.