Business Development Representative - Logistics
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Customer Sales/Business Development- Outside
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is an international provider of innovative, multimodal logistics products and services offering superior customer value focused on effective supply chain management, information systems, quality processes and continuous improvement. Their aim is to create an environment of profitable growth and increased market share, through the development of ethical and mutually beneficial relationships with their valued employees, suppliers, and customers.
Business Development Representative - Logistics:
The primary role of this position is to gain experience in sales through the Sales Training Program. Primary duties include cold/warm calling, prospecting, qualifying leads, networking, building customer relationships, rating, closing and account maintenance.
- Develop new business.
- Make outbound sales calls to establish customer and prospect list.
- Target small to mid-size customers along with 3PLs that do not have an intermodal arm.
- Respond to all inbound calls and emails from customers and team members in a timely manner.
- Develop customer specific transportation solutions.
- Negotiate rates with prospects in order to close opportunities.
- Foster spot relationships into regular, established customers.
- Accurately record sales activities and follow-up actions in CRM database.
- Consistently achieve or exceed monthly sales targets by converting qualified leads to sales.
- Job duties may be added or taken away due to operational/ business needs and requirements.
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Bachelor / Associate Degree in Logistics, Business, Marketing or related discipline is an asset.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a customer facing role.
- Prior sales and/or marketing experience an asset.
- Prior intermodal experience an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Internet savvy with a good understanding of social media.
- Business Strategy Skills.
- Outgoing, confident, resilient.
- High energy level, self-motivated.
- Able to work independently to meet objectives, goals and timelines with minimal supervision.
- Good time management skills.
- Co-operative team player with an unwavering focus on addressing a customers needs.
- Excellent communication skills: interpersonal, verbal, written and email.
- Exceptional phone manner with strong listening skills and ability to influence.
- Excellent networking, cold calling and sourcing skills.
- Perseverance and an ability to overcome objections in order to achieve sales targets. Relentless follow-up and a keen sense of urgency.
- Results oriented focus with desire for success.
- Good negotiation skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.