Our client is a leading provider of Full Service Transportation Management and Brokerage services for Shippers across all industries and handles millions of loads annually across all freight modes. Their Carrier Network consists of 45,000+ carriers with their TMS software providing business intelligence and technology-enabled transportation solutions.
Through their talented people, innovative technology and proven processes, they create customized solutions based on client's needs. They exceed customer expectations from pick up through delivery – every shipment, every time. With one of the fastest growing staffs of logistics professionals in the industry, they deliver best-in-class service to each and every customer.
The Branch Manager will direct the overall activities of the branch to
continually and simultaneously achieve three overriding objectives. This role will serve the customers and carriers within our target market in an extraordinary manner so that our company name and reputation continue to flourish. The Branch Manager will invest time and money in our people so that they learn, grow, and become more well rounded professionals, and enjoy working for the company and take the “inside sales people” outside...through client visits and community/business networking.
- Responsible for training, mentoring, performance management and retaining brokerage team.
- Accountable for profit/loss of brokerage organization.
- Obtaining budgeted growth goals.
- Customer Management: Growth, assignment to AE, maintain service and
- revenue/margin thresholds.
- Interacting with Finance to ensure accurate billing and collections within
- company standards.
- Interacting with IT to define business requirements for software enhancements.
- Ensure branch infrastructure (system, facility, phone) support company growth and culture objectives.
- Execute as well as help to develop brokerage strategic plan.
- Monitor revenue and profit results/trends.
- Monitor individual performance (day, week, month).
- Assess and maintain team dynamics.
- Interact with other PLS departments, as needed, to ensure services delivered to
- brokerage team are acceptable.
- Contact customers to assess customer satisfaction and new opportunity.
- Supply rates to customers.
- Update brokerage metrics.
- Weekly sales status review.
- Weekly training/trainee progress review.
- Direct responsibility for coaching sales and operations managers on leadership, motivation, and day to day business management.
- Other duties as required by business needs or as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years management experience in high volume, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people while achieving superior
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven track record of increased sales and revenue growth.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission and standard benefits.