Our client is a leading transportation and logistics services provider for USPS and other commercial carriers. They provide award-winning performance in regional trucking, mail transport, and aircraft ground support. Their professional team members are able to consistently deliver excellence, because they continually pursue the highest quality, treat everyone with respect, act with honesty, and operate as one family.
Western Regional Operations Manager
As a Regional Operations Manager, you will collaborate with the station management team to develop and execute operating plans and to improve operational performance results.
Job Type: Full-time
- Collaborates with the station management team to develop and execute operating plans and to improve operational performance results.
- Reviews daily operational performance (productivity and financial) to facilitate continuous improvements and to ensure business plan targets are met.
- Conducts site visits and reviews performance with station management to share best practices, improve staff productivity, determine resource needs and achieve operational goals.
- Facilitate quarterly reviews with functional groups and customers to identify business development and revenue growth opportunities.
- Facilitate weekly station reviews to identify corrective actions for improving operational performance.
- Create and monitor data analysis to identify changing client trends and make necessary adjustments to performance goals which drive continuous improvement.
- Utilizing business metric, manage locations to metrics and train managers on how to make solid business decisions with metrics.
- Ensure operational reports are accurate, distributed and posted for each location to raise performance awareness and ensure effective communication of results.
- Conducts service/performance/productivity trend analysis to determine best improvement strategies.
- Gathers and analyzes customer data and interviews and observes customers to determine true needs and specifics for providing the best customer solutions.
- Identify root causes of recurrent workflow failures through the analysis of data to recommend design changes to work methods, processes or flows.
- Motivate managers to perform at optimum levels through effective leadership communication, professional development and coaching
- Provide support and direction on HR issues, challenges and questions.
- Builds internal relations with employees to understand functional and business needs.
- Promotes customer service and communicates customer needs throughout operations to build customer satisfaction and to reinforce each sites contribution to business growth and retention.
- Ensure that service and cost commitments are being achieved by continuous training and follow-up.
- Reports on project status, field activities and training initiatives to keep senior management informed of progress and developments.
- Supports and drives a safety culture.
- Ensure compliance with safe work methods and procedures.
- Create action plans for areas with correction needs.
- Ensure correct and timely reporting standards.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Coach others and provide on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Direct the regional assigned management staff and provide guidance on policy and procedures.
- Identify individual and team skill gaps and development opportunities to facilitate individual and team development.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and performance management of the station leadership staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a fair and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Assists local managers with resolving individual and group performance issues in accordance with company policy and procedures and in partnership with HR.
- Frequent travel to assigned sites and working anytime during station operations, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in data analysis
- 8 - 10 years’ experience supervising employees
- Lean Six Sigma and/or industrial engineering preferred
- Experience managing remote locations
- Experience managing multiple programs or projects with a high degree of complexity and scope.
- Experience reading Statement of Work business agreements.
- Previous experience with Material Handling equipment
- Previous experience with production scanning equipment
- Previous experience with Airport Operations
- Ability to create and sustain a work environment with openness, trust and mutual respect
- Ability to apply knowledge of company structure and operations’ best practices to resolving problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word with the proven ability to learn company specific data reporting systems.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and mathematical skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader