Our client aims to provide imaginative and transformative opportunities that go beyond traditional logistics. They provide a wide range of logistics services that have proved capable of meeting the needs of many of the world’s best known and most demanding companies. They constantly seek innovative ways of adapting to the latest digital technology as part of an approach designed to provide an agile and tailored response to every customer's needs. With over 30+ years of supply chain optimization – for themselves and their clients – they understand what an intelligent supply chain really can be. Whether you need to reduce your return rates, introduce smart vans or build an entirely new supply chain, they will introduce not only the visibility and insights you need to understand the issues, but the predictive analytics and machine learning to predict them and the technology to respond with new intelligent services.
Warehouse Team Leader
The Warehouse Team Leader is responsible for managing the operation within their area of responsibility ensuring that the operation achieves daily, weekly and monthly targets and KPIs. This individual will be managing and motivating a team by giving direction and leadership, monitoring performance to ensure the site achieves exceptional service to the customer through focusing on continuous improvement and promoting a team-based culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Health & Safety/Security
- Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety requirements are met.
- Comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Keep work area clean and tidy. Use 5S’s.
- Report accidents/incidents/near misses immediately and ensure accident/near misses etc. are investigated thoroughly in line with company guidelines and where appropriate utilizing our client’s tools.
- Implement appropriate preventative actions using tools learned through Health & Safety trainings.
- Ensure all documentation with regard to accidents is complete and filed as per procedure.
- Ensure through good communication and personal example that employees understand the objectives of our client’s safety policies and hold employees accountable if they are not following policies.
- Ensure secure measures are in place and proper guidelines followed to ensure the safeguard of our client/customer inventory. Report anything suspicious immediately to your Manager, the H&S Manager and Human Resources.
- Responsible for opening and/or closing the warehouse and following the security guidelines.
- Conduct regular floor walks of all operational and non-operational areas including inside and outside the building to check that Health & Safety, housekeeping and security standards are maintained.
- Proactively manage, motivate and lead a team to ensure KPI’s, performance targets, absence/attendance levels etc. are met.
- Create and deliver resource plan at the beginning of the shift, monitor with Assistant Team Leaders to ensure requirements are met throughout the day and make changes as necessary to meet requirements.
- Manage the allocation of work on a daily basis, controlling headcount and overtime budgets and ensuring cost, quality and delivery targets are met. Raise any concerns with resource planning and/or meeting KPIs with Ops Manager as soon as practicable.
- Prepare for and lead daily and weekly team briefings utilizing the Communications Cell (Comm Cell), encouraging suggestions, identification of goals and achievement of objectives ensuring regular and effective two-way communication. Coach ATLs in the proper facilitation of Comm Cell.
- Ensure output from daily and weekly team briefings are acted upon in a timely manner and goals and achievements communicated to all.
- Utilize visual management tools either directly or through a subordinate and ensure they are being used in the correct way so that the benefit is recognized.
- Focus on delivering warehouse KPI’s and demonstrate planning and control skills in order to achieve targets as well as develop the operation to achieve continuous improvement.
- Promote flexibility through skills training and personnel development.
- Establish a positive working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Ensure Customer Service requests are resolved within SLA and through the proper channels.
- Responsible for End of Day report, 15-minute sheet & Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare for warehouse tours and coach tour participants in their expected roles.
- Assist in recruitment and training of staff in line with Company’s procedures working in conjunction with the Ops Manager to maintain headcount requirements.
- Responsible for delivering direct reports mid-year and annual appraisals against their Standard Objectives and Core Competencies. Liaising with HR as needed.
- Responsible for coaching ATLs in the appraisal and corrective action process and checking that they are equipped to handle this on their own within 6 months of being in the ATL role.
- Responsible for creating development plans for direct reports as needed.
- Monitor attendance & performance and ensuring corrective action is taken when necessary.
- Monitor performance of temporary agency staff and work closely with HR when changes are needed.
- Ensuring compliance with company disciplinary procedures and seeking advice when necessary.
- Lead teams by example, actively engage staff in conversation on the warehouse floor.
- Work with appropriate parties to provide solutions to team issues taking into account the appropriate policies and ethical practice.
- Knowledgeable in company policies and handbook to ensure compliance, advise ATLs as needed.
- Responsible for approving/denying PTO requests and entering into ADP
- Responsible for accurate time keeping records of staff and approving time in ADP on a weekly basis.
- Ensure Employee Engagement is a focus on site, delivering world class level scores in each year.
- Ensure accurate handover of information to covering Managers.
- Ensure all staff issues are responded to in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Ensure clear and concise instructions or provided to staff.
- Actively question team members to test their understanding of what is being asked without giving the answer to them.
- Maintain an organizational & prioritization system to ensure effective delivery of your role.
- Ensure promptness at meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain a smart and business-like appearance at all times.
- Identify areas for personal development to improve performance in role and actively seek ways to improve.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of previous supervisory experience
- 5 years of 3PL and/or Warehouse and Distribution experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP functions/transactions
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to deal with conflict and maintain a engaged and productive work environment
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with working hours to meet operating needs of the business
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, Auto, Plant, Assembly, Manufacture, Build, Automation, Robotics, production, inventory, parts, supply chain, stamping, metals, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management