Warehouse Operations Manager
City & State:
Warehousing, Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor), Production/Manufacturing, Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Managed Transportation
Our client is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. They achieve their business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. They help their customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
Warehouse Operations Manager:
This role is responsible for directing and engaging employees and Team Leaders to achieve productivity goals. This individual will manage Team Leaders and will spend most of the time coaching and leading the operations team to efficiently and safely achieve production and quality goals. This role will collaborate with various company teams on implementing initiatives and coordinating resources to implement solutions and training.
- Communicate clear expectations.
- Excite and empower the team.
- Deliver on company promise to employees.
- Collaborate with the Customer Operations and Operations Optimization leaders to drive efficiency and consistency.
- Train Team Leaders and hold them accountable for performance.
- Ensure Team Leaders are observing, training and coaching operations employees to drive performance.
- Conduct regular team meetings.
- Walk the floor and create a strong presence in the Logistics Center.
- Provide consistent messaging and communications.
- Connect employees to company and the customer’s business objectives.
- Implement action plans to deliver results.
- Manage a staffing plan to drive results.
- Review employee and shift performance with Team Leaders.
- Drive cost reduction initiatives and continuous improvement activity.
- Support Team Leader efforts to improve operational performance.
- Ensure the building is clean, safe and damage is being addressed and managed.
- Troubleshoot problems and remove obstacles so that Team Leaders can properly manage their shift.
- Ensure systems are set up appropriately and processes are adhered to, allowing operations employees to be productive.
- Manage the environment to ensure throughput and make the system work.
- Bachelor’s degree experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience supervising employees and managing leaders.
- Skills in leadership, organization, communication and cross functional teamwork.
- Understanding of warehousing operations with experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Familiarity with MHE.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems or Red Prairie WMS is a plus.
- Ability shift priorities easily, and multi-task in a highly transactional environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to engage with the workforce and leadership teams and create a positive environment and culture.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage