Founded in Austin in 1996, our client has grown to become the leading global designer and wholesaler of trendsetting lifestyle home furnishings. With international offices in China, India, Vietnam, Mexico, Indonesia, and showrooms in High Point, North Carolina, Las Vegas, Nevada, and Austin, Texas, their team enthusiastically supports the growing needs of large retail chains, as well as independent regional stores and interior designers.
Senior Demand Planner
Our client, a leader in home furniture product development and distribution, is seeking a talented, versatile, best in class individual to join their Buying and Planning team. This motivated individual will provide demand forecast planning and analysis with a strong emphasis on making the supply chain both efficient and timely. The ideal candidate will demonstrate command of demand forecasting, product management skills, strong cross-functional leadership skills, exceptional analytical skills, and a track record of success in driving positive and continuous improvement within the organization.
Job Type: Full-time/Hybrid Schedule
- Assist to lead a team in demand forecasting, purchasing, and inventory management through the product lifecycle.
- Report to management on relevant KPI/inventory metrics including inventory turns, excess, availability, and aging.
- Partner with merchant and product development teams on setting forecasts for new items.
- Identify opportunities or gaps within the demand forecasting process and work with IT on rolling out enhancements to current tools and reporting.
- Assist in developing demand forecasting roadmap.
- Develop and improve the information flow that is necessary to ensure that inventory positions are maintained to meet the business needs.
- Work with domestic and international teams on open purchase order prioritization needs and projections.
- Initiate and participate in cross-functional project teams to drive process improvements.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Uphold the Company’s Core Values and be a valuable member of the Team.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- BS/BA in related field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in buying/planning or inventory management
- Strong Excel skills (pivots, formulas, data sourcing) and experience in data analytics tools like Tableau
- Process-oriented mindset with superior analytical skills and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Attention to detail, thorough, organized
- Able to take initiative and ownership of assigned work projects
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, high value, home delivery, consumer products, devices, fragile, variable inventory, sort and segregation, hand count, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC