Our client is a family-owned and operated trucking company based in Punta Gorda that was established in 1980.
This role requires leadership skills to oversee and implement safety and
compliance for 200 drivers over three operating divisions in all areas of safety, compliance, and recruiting. This role will report directly to the Controller.
- Responsible for accident prevention and safety performance.
- Monitor hours of service and CSA compliance.
- Take ownership of insurance addition/deletions and claims management.
- Ensure drivers are completing all safety training.
- Actively recruit company drivers and owner operators.
- Coordinate and review pre-hire/pre-contract qualifications and background checks.
- Develop and maintain truck driver and medical qualification files.
- Collaborate with manager in auditing of hours of service (driver logs).
- Conduct training for electronic log operations.
- Maintain company database to ensure accuracy of compliance related expirations.
- Ensure drivers maintain compliance with all federal and state regulation, and adherence to company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Periodic audit of systems (i.e. random pool, online training, etc.).
- Administrative duties; such as filing, translating polices or correspondence, and preparation of training or qualification materials.
- Other special projects or duties, as assigned.
- Previous experience in the trucking industry.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish/English is preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Previous log auditing and training experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of detail.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner; written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to speak to small groups (up to 10 people).
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Safety, Training, DOT, Regulations