Our client has been serving the Ports of Oakland and LA/Long Beach for 10+ years. They specialize in Drayage, Intermodal, Over the road, heavy haul, yard storage and warehousing solutions. They operate a capacity of over 200+ company drivers and owner operators.
Our client is seeking a Safety Director to establish and promote safety, compliance and safe working conditions within a fast-paced working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Develop company-wide safety standards for all departments and employees to follow.
- Monitor employee compliance with corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly and annual safety training meetings.
- Compliance management of FMCSA, DOT, OSHA, State, Local, and Company Safety Policies.
- Ensure company compliance with DOT Drug and Alcohol program and regulations.
- Conduct weekly and monthly safety checks and report findings to upper management.
- Oversee safety incident reports and conduct any necessary investigations.
- Conduct roadside inspections of company equipment passing through DOT weigh stations and checkpoints.
- Assist in creating literature that communicates important safety messages.
- 2-3 year minimum Safety and Compliance experience in the transportation industry
- 2-3 years management experience
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment
- Proficient in Drayage TMS systems and MS office Suite
- Written and oral communication skills
- High school diploma/GED
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, Dispatch, dispatching, dispatcher, terminal, check-ins, track and trace, load times, wait times, scheduling, pricing, rate negotiation, driver management, maintenance scheduling, fleet, fleet management, fleet coordination, driver checks, MC numbers, FMCSR, OSHA, MC#, MC Number, Carrier Compliance, CFR Regulations, Federal Safety, State Safety, DOT, CMV Operation, Driver Qualification Files, DQF, Motor Carrier Regulations, Carrier On-Boarding, Claims, Insurance, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader