Our client is one of the nation's leading flatbed trucking companies with a large and growing fleet of modern, safe, and well-maintained equipment. They are uniquely 100% air-ride, providing shippers with consistent, on-time transportation service. They currently service over 5,000 satisfied shippers with a 98% on-time pick-up and delivery record. They have developed exceptional international border crossing expertise, giving our customers the advantage of efficient handling of their cargo in and out of Mexico.
Regional Operations Manager
The Operations Manager will help grow and maintain the Regional and Dedicated freight business. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to take regional business to the next level. This position has the opportunity to help the organization grow and reach new heights.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from Home
- Work with sales to evaluate regional opportunities and analyze key productivity factors to assess impact on productivity, profitability, and yield. Interpret information and recommend plan that maximizes profit, productivity, and/or yield.
- Generate, review and analyze regional operational efficiency reports & truck revenue information to identify under-performing trucks, fleets, lanes, customers, territories, etc and determine actions to achieve performance targets.
- Interview regional drivers for ‘fit’ of territory expectations and maintain waiting lists of drivers. Work with Recruiting to coordinate outside hiring.
- Develop operational process and procedure improvement recommendations to maximize revenue per week.
- Qualify potential freight opportunities from existing customers that match our regional service abilities, operational objectives and financial goals.
- Work directly with the Pricing Manager / RSM to create thorough contractually based pricing proposals.
- Work with Regional RSMs to maintain and accurately update Regional Call Lists for team members through the Sales Logix CRM.
- Train and help oversee a team of driver managers and load planners.
- Multiple years of regional truckload operations management specifically with flatbed freight
- AS400 knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Extensive experience with pricing and load profitability analysis
- Some sales and contract negotiation experience preferred
This position offers a competitive base salary