Our client provides premium, expedited shipment solutions throughout North America, while prioritizing the safety of their team members and independent contractor fleet. In pursuit of delivering excellence, the company provides world class exclusive-use shipping and time-definite services, White Glove Services for shipments that require extra care in handling, temperature control or specialized security; and Freight Solutions for connecting your shipment with the right carrier through their diverse network.
The Product Owner is responsible for guiding IT and 3rd party partners on new software development projects, enhancing features and functions of existing applications, and managing the entire lifecycle of the Company’s Transportation Management Software (TMS) products, tools, and applications. The Product Owner is the business liaison to the internal IT department and external solutions providers responsible for the delivery and maintenance of software solutions for internal teams, customers and the Company’s transportation capacity providers. The Product Owner bridges the gaps between the business stakeholders and the IT development teams to drive the evolution of the TMS platforms. The Product Owner identifies user needs, ensures the cross-functional teams understand the vision and strategic intent of the product and manages product releases. The Product Owner has deep business knowledge and has an excellent ability to transform strategic intent into fully elaborated requirements in the form of user stories, feature specifications and acceptance criteria.
Job Type: Full-time/Work from home
- Contributes to the overall product vision and strategic intent discussions; communicates with business stakeholders and the development team to ensure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- Owns, manages, develops, refines and prioritizes product backlog of features and user stories.
- Drives program increment (PI) objectives and sprint software development activity via prioritized feature definition.
- Establishes requirements and feature acceptance criteria and provides approvals for the definition of done.
- Works with the business stakeholders to understand and prioritize business needs.
- Actively manages stakeholders’ requirements and expectations.
- Provides clear instructions and deliverables for the IT development team. • Makes timely decisions on execution details.
- Translates technical jargon to internal teams and key stakeholders on product features.
- Participates in validation of solutions.
- Measures product performance in order to make adjustments where necessary.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math from an accredited university or equivalent experience is required.
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in either business analysis, software development, project management, product management, or innovation.
- 4 to 5 years’ experience as a Scrum Master, software Product Owner, software Product Manager, IT Project Manager, Business Analyst, or TMS Super User is required.
- A professional certificate in Agile development (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) is preferred.
- Experience with transportation and logistics industry software applications such as TMS or WMS or ELD or Supply Chain Visibility Tracking is preferred. (e.g. McLeod, BlueJay, Oracle, Manhattan, Project44, Omnitracs, Trimble, Descartes, MercuryGate, 3GTMS, BlueYonder, Macropoint, Samsara).
- Special preference for candidates who have worked for a TMS, WMS, ELD, or Visibility Tracking solution provider or manufacturer.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, SaaS, Software as a Service, Technology, Software Solutions, Technology Solutions, Data Solutions, Analytics, EDI, WMS, TMS, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Applications, Apps, Implementation, Tech, Hardware, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Logistics Technology, TMS, WMS, Tracking Applications, Tracing Applications, 3PL Technology, Blockchain, Freight Forwarding Technology, Software, Logistics Software, Telematics, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC