Our client is a non-asset based, third-party logistics (3PL) company with a focus on providing safe, reliable, advanced logistics services – truckload, LTL, intermodal, and warehousing – to a wide variety of customers throughout the continental U.S., Canada and Mexico. They were built with the overall vision of bringing a sense of comfort and convenience to an industry often filled with inefficiencies by providing specialized customer service and a unique overall philosophy and approach to logistics management.
Job Type: Full-time
This role will oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operations within our client’s pricing function, ensuring the successful management of customer RFP’s cradle to grave. The primary responsibility of this position is providing quick pricing and rate support that allows our client to earn more business for their larger customers. You will also continue to drive continuous improvement in our client’s pricing methodologies and provide insight on our client’s business performance where pricing plays a role. An ideal candidate should be comfortable working and strategizing as part of a customer team and will work diligently to drive customer retention and revenue growth.
- Manage, complete, and respond to long term bid opportunities as well as daily pricing requests with assigned due dates or service level agreements for new and existing customers in a specific mode, product, or trade lane by conductions historical pricing analysis.
- Handle all matters pertaining to carrier contract rates, input of rates into our client’s internal rate system and ongoing maintenance of rates.
- Ensure compliance with operational policies prior to pricing business (excommodity, value, equipment type, etc).
- Monitor and report back to management monthly progress towards assigned goals and KPIs.
- Collaborate with management and peers to identify best practices to provide continuous improvement in the quality of pricing activities and trends that lead to more favorable win ratios.
- Vet incoming RFPs for approval and allocate based upon team.
- Continuously look for systems and tools that will benefit the pricing team and company. Efficiency and growth being a large result of these systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, supply chain, mathematics, finance, or related field preferred.
- 3+ years industry experience in brokerage truck load pricing.
- Demonstrated experience leading analysis and reporting projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel and Access.
- Programming in Sequel or Python a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with experience working with internal/external customers.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC