Our client offers premium freight management, warehousing, installation, and project management services for a multitude of industries and customers throughout North America. They listen carefully to their customers to insure a thorough understanding of their project needs; to design and implement spot-on solutions for transporting their valuable assets from point-of-origin to point-of-consumption or final installation — efficiently, economically, and with the utmost care.
Job Type: Full-time
President of Logistics - FF&E
Our client is looking for a senior executive who will expand their presence in the logistics industry. This position will be responsible for Operations, Sales, Sales Support and Client Technology. This role is a key leadership role and reports to the CEO of our client’s company. This individual will help continue to improve our client’s operational excellence with real focus on growing our client’s current verticals and aggressively finding new opportunities. A key priority is to diversify our client’s current portfolio into new businesses/verticals.
- Set the strategy and vision for our client’s logistics division.
- Work closely with the CEO to maximize our client’s competitive advantage, which services to grow and business opportunities. This includes exploring and assessing sales growth opportunities, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Ensure operational excellence by continuously evaluating and improving processes while setting goals, objectives and KPI’s for the organization.
- Establish a strong relationship with our client’s current and future customers to assist the company in finding opportunities to grow business with current clients as well as future opportunities.
- Model and champion our client’s culture.
- Lead and develop our client’s leadership team.
- Create a performance culture throughout our client’s company.
- Set financial goals for the organization and partner with the CFO to ensure these objectives are met.
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice.
- Develop, communicate and implement effective growth strategies and processes.
- Lead the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and human resources needs to achieve growth objectives.
- Enhance and/or develop and implement systems and processes that improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Oversee the sales and marketing of the organization to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Set the budgeting process and continually educate leader/managers on financial issues impacting the company’s performance.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential clients, services and investments.
- BA/BS degree advanced degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 15-years of experience in B2B services.
- Experience with logistics, FF& E (Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment) or related industry required.
- Proven track record of hitting sales targets and quotas and exceeding the numbers.
- Ability to coordinate internal team members to create solutions for customers.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Willing to travel.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related To: P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, budgeting, FF&E, fixtures, furniture, equipment