Our client is a full-service cooperative operating for the benefit of its members. 147 members are now in six states, with 35 of its members producing Organic Milk. They Raw Milk Marketing services, a seasonal ultra-filtration plant, Producer Payroll Services, Laboratory Services, and dairy supplies and feed mill services to its members. They currently handle most of the milk marketed in the state of Florida. It is their job to balance the needs of the two primary stakeholders – member farmers and customer processors.
Job Type: Full-time
Operations Supervisor for Transportation & Logistics:
The operations supervisor role will be responsible for the planning and execution of all dispatch supply chain functions in the most efficient manner that results in exceptional service to members and customers. They will assist with operational administrative responsibilities for terminals as needed.
- Assists management in identifying and providing solutions with the purpose of optimizing equipment, employee, and customer schedule utilization
- Troubleshoot, identify issues, and think critically to determine best course of action that provides consistent and exceptional service and solutions to all customers
- Manage and ensure terminal payroll and benefit time scheduling is completed accurately and submitted timely
- Perform, manage, and direct all aspects of dispatch with all shifts coverage for assigned terminals to ensure effective communication, planning, and efficient resource utilization
- Perform and manage dispatch applicant interviews, evaluations, training and corrective action
- Perform and demonstrate an acute knowledge base and capabilities of software and hardware to cultivate more effective dispatch decisions and communications for both internal and external customers
- Ensure all dispatch planning and execution for drivers meets all applicable FMCSA, DOT, and rules and regulations
- Ensure all labor, customer, and member concerns are communicated timely to management
- Assists with transportation logistics planning in determining: the daily number of surplus loads and where to be marketed, import loads and where to be delivered,
and alternative Class I markets or surplus markets for all rejected loads.
- Assists with coordinating movement of milk from farm to market through each terminal.
- Communicate and coordinate equipment needs with both maintenance and the terminal management
- Assist management both in planning and execution to ensure all tractor and trailer equipment meet DOT, and DOA standards
- Ensure all equipment is properly utilized, tracked, accounted for, and used in a manner that is both efficient and cost effective for both our client and its members
- Ensure all dispatcher shifts and all planning of routes, loads, deliveries, and assignments are properly covered
- Ensure all dispatch personnel have necessary equipment and are properly trained on all appropriate hardware, external software, and other related software
- Ensure all dispatch personnel are properly trained and are effective in their communication while conducting assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure all dispatch personnel adhere to, and are held accountable to, all polices
- Facilitate a healthy, professional, and positive atmosphere for all employees
- Other related duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and at least three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of trucking industry with at least three years dispatch experience.
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast-paced atmosphere both independently and as a team.
- Ability to independently perform a wide range of activities under general guidance from supervisors.
- Must possess ability to apply knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Office; must have proficient Outlook, Word, and Excel experience.
- Must have ability to communicate, both verbally and in written form; must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with both internal/external customers.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and technical procedure manuals, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write routine reports, correspondence, and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR