City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Shipper, Inventory Management
Our client has been providing green chemicals and technical services for biological contaminant removal applications in water and wastewater treatment systems since 2003. They currently provide more than 550 wastewater treatment plants with a safer, more effective and environmentally sustainable solution. In addition, they offer highly specialized technical expertise and support to help plant engineers and operators optimize the use of our products and achieve their effluent performance objectives.
The Operations Specialist role is a full-time exempt position reporting directly to the Director of Operations. This role operates within the Company’s headquarters located in Pocasset, Massachusetts.
Job Type: Full-time
- Order entry & customer delivery logistics, including ERP system processing, vendor coordination, and pre-pay requirements.
- New customer set-up in QB/Epicor, CRM (Salesforce), tax forms and delivery requirements.
- Communication with the Company’s Sales Team working closely to coordinate orders while establishing and executing on customer expectations.
- Order incident management, control, reporting, and corrective action coordination.
- Support outbound freight quotes as needed for existing and new customer demand, including reviewing carrier equipment required for successful customer delivery.
- Inventory support – Maintain a basic knowledge and understanding of inventory management in support of Operations Team.
- Provide AP/AR support for Operations department specific transactions.
- Support international order logistics coordination.
- Data Entry – Candidate will be required to maintain clear, concise data relating to orders, inventory, quality control, etc.
- Inbound phone triage, gather basic information and direct caller to appropriate personnel.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a related role.
- Must be a strong team player who is professional and courteous.
- Strong department and inter-department coordination required.
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- CRM database experience (Salesforce) desired.
- Experience in ERP/Business Management Software (QuickBooks, Epicor) desired.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Tanker, Bulk, Heavy Haul, hopper, specialized, over weight, special permit, liquid bulk, dry bulk, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC