Our client is one of the largest independently owned aerospace companies. The firm designs, certifies and manufactures integrated propulsion systems, nacelles and thrust reversers for business jets; builds composite aircraft structures, interior shells, custom cabinetry and radomes; and manufactures aircraft transparencies, such as cabin windows, wing-tip lens assemblies and flight deck windows. They are also is a major third-party provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the military, commercial airline and air freight markets.
Manager, Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving
The Manager Warehouse/Shipping & Receiving is responsible for ensuring the plans and performance of the various functions within the organization meet or exceeds management expectations. Provides leadership to institutionalize the processes of Continuous Improvement in accordance with organization goals and objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accomplishes results through direct reports and staff working within established organizational objectives.
- Performs typical responsibilities of management requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and coaching. Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments. Determines space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Manages the routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states. Oversees loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors.
- Oversees the inspection of material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Manages the movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Manages the preparation of bills of lading, posts weight and shipping charges. Oversees the compilation of records of unfilled orders.
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Advises stakeholders on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems. Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving and excess stock.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels. Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Provides guidance to teams on development, performance and productivity issues. Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow. Issues written and oral instructions. Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates. Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates. Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited four-year college or university and eight (8) or more years related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and write the English language, perform basic mathematical calculations and learn to interpret and comprehend company policies, procedures, safety instructions, and other like documents used in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Competent in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel and operate standard office equipment.
- Make telephone and direct personal contact with internal and external personnel and make formal presentations to small or large groups.
- Able to work as a team member, highly organized, work well under stress and handle multiple priorities
- Must possess interpersonal and communication skills to interact with other people inside and outside the company.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Science, Engineering, Aeronautics, Aerospace Engineering, Space, Air, Airspace, Technology, Innovation, Aerodynamics, Aircraft, Spacecraft, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management