Our client is the industry leader in dry bulk commodity transportation and they pride themselves on customer service, to the shipper and the carrier. They have agents all over the country to better serve their shippers and carriers.
Logistics Sales Representative (Remote)
The Logistics Sales Representative is a management career path that
requires applicants to have problem solving skills, quick decision-making capability, relationship building, training, and management of a team of Operations/Execution (OPEX) personnel, and an attitude for growth. The core tasks of this position concentrate on establishing and growing a book of business, building relationships with customers, account penetration, and new business cultivation. As well as communicating the needs of
customers to the OPEX team, Logistics Sales Representatives are responsible for the continued growth of their business, that of individual OPEX, and the logistics team. This is done by using leadership skills to encourage and empower everyone involved.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Manage team of OPEX direct.
- Act as a mentor to OPEX team regarding projects and operations.
- Provide guidance through hands-on management approaches.
- Assign, track, and monitor tasks for OPEX under Logistics Sales Representative team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Promote new business and manage existing accounts and customers.
- Manage multiple customers, process daily requests and work with members of management to create new approaches to improve your book of business.
- Ensure excellent coordination between customer needs and OPEX team to surpass customer and carrier expectations.
- Apply market information to provide insight on price and availability in clear communication to customers.
- Lead a team on correct procedure for acquiring carriers to cover loads awarded.
- Arrange for freight transportation using internal computer and technology systems as well as a logistics team.
- Training to allow quality candidates to learn the requirements for becoming a Logistics Sales Representative.
- Existing book of business or proven ability to create new customer bases.
- Be in continuous contact with customers.
- Good understanding of industry metrics, sales, and account management.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Attention to organization and details.
- Self-motivated person with determination and a drive to succeed.
- Ability to encourage others and show leadership by example.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Entry Level, Entry-Level, Recent Graduate, College Graduate, No Experience, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC