Logistics Account Manager
City & State:
St. Louis, MO
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is committed to delivering excellence in transportation and logistics solutions to all of their customers. Through their unique and vast customer strategies and partner relationships, they have the flexibility to meet any supply chain challenge from truckload, LTL, heavy haul or other specialized transportation services, to intermodal, warehousing, air and ocean freight shipping services.
Logistics Account Manager:
This individual will be responsible for promoting the company’s transportation services and managing a portfolio of customer accounts while working in a team environment. In addition, this role will assist with load entry and management for each load moving through the system.
- Enter customer orders into the company’s database.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, carriers, and partners.
- Track orders and communicate any issues to customers or final consignee.
- Make sales calls to current and potential clients to promote transportation services.
- Generate sales leads and keep CRM portfolio organized.
- Field calls from current or potential clients for new business opportunities.
- Complete rate proposals.
- Negotiate pricing for transactional sales and request credit approval for new clients in accordance with standard procedures.
- Stay informed on industry trends, services, and competitor activities.
- Maintain daily client relationships to assigned accounts, acting as primary contact and redirecting to other departments as needed.
- Accountable for overall customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of 2+ years of customer service experience within the transportation industry.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, problem-solving, and networking skills.
- Ability to drive results within a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Embrace team atmosphere and be willing to offer help wherever needed.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer