Our client is a logistics company focused on enabling global commerce for objects requiring extra care - including art, antiques and one of a kind items. We aim to make light work of heavy tasks, and are building logistics technology that not only protects the world’s precious goods, but also enables elevated commerce experiences for users and merchants alike.
Job Type: Full-time
Global Operations Manager (White Glove)
As an Operations Manager, you serve as the key escalation point for our client’s team of Domestic and International Specialists, Partner Development Specialist, and Operations Associates and drive continuous improvements in the daily operations. This role is responsible for ensuring our client meets their internal KPIs and customer SLAs by monitoring overall operations and introducing new procedures as needed. This position will work in close collaboration with our client’s Account Managers to understand customer needs and ensures the operations team meets or exceeds those expectations.
- Respond to customers with a sense of urgency to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Ensure team meets internal SLA and KPIs.
- Create and adjust KPIs as deemed necessary for growth and performance.
- Serve as escalation point for customers and partners.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Identify improvements and value added service opportunities with Account Managers.
- Monitor and ensure gross profit levels are maintained per company goals.
- Identify efficiency and productivity gains and work with required resources to implement.
- Hire and expand associate and specialist roles for fulfillment as necessary for additional shipment volume.
- Ensure operations team has resources required to execute operational strategy.
- Lead, coach and mentor operational personnel.
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain industry experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years with direct supervisory experience is required.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: ECommerce, Last Mile Shipping, Final Mile Shipping, Final Mile Delivery, Last Mile Delivery, Hot Shot, Courier, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR