Global Account Manager
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
Warehousing, Supply Chain, Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), Managed Transportation
It is our client's mission to provide world-class transportation and logistical services. They use their core capabilities in managing transportation and information along with their supply chain consulting expertise, to unlock hidden value, flexibility and efficiency in their clients businesses and across their vast networks of suppliers and customers. When they succeed at this mission, consumers around the world get exactly the goods they want faster, cheaper and with less waste. In turn, their clients profit by serving needs more efficiently. Because they serve business leaders, they expect to be leaders ourselves in their company, in their industry and in their community.
Global Account Manager:
The Global Account Manager plays a strategic role in maintaining business relationships with current customers and partners, identifying new business opportunities, and executing established sales strategies to support corporate growth targets.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing customers by providing exceptional customer service, regular communications, and clear understanding of business needs;
- Identify opportunities to expand existing service offerings and implement new lanes of business;
- Generate new business areas via prospecting, customer research, networking, collaboration with customer, referrals, etc.;
- Lead quarterly and annual business review meetings;
- Maintain advanced knowledge of the Company’s service offerings; Create innovative solutions to convey the Company’s services;
- Identify and engage decision makers and propose appropriate next steps;
- Handle entire sales process from proposal to close; reaching or exceeding sales goals;
- Develop and maintain customer portfolios, contact lists, and customer records; manage sales data, activities, notes, next steps in an organized fashion;
- Collaborate with sales, finance, and operations teams to develop customer proposals, support onboarding of new business / lanes, and establish customer SOPs;
- Identify and evolve with the latest industry and business development trends by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
- maintaining personal networks; participating in professional / industry organizations;
- Proactively identify problems and implement effective solutions;
- Provide responsive customer service and resolve client issues quickly and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Sales & Marketing, or Business Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 7 - 10 years experience managing large key accounts in a Business Development or Account Executive role;
- Supply chain, transportation, and/or logistics industry background required;
- Demonstrated experience with start to end sales process;
- Strong leadership skills with a strategic perspective;
- Positive and energetic self-starter, with excellent drive, ambition and work ethic;
- Must have entrepreneurial mindset with ability to identify and create new opportunities for growth and development;
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change;
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), naturally articulate, with customer service focus;
- Must have advanced MS Office skills, ability to create and maintain reports and presentations;
- Strong prospecting, relationship building, negotiation, and consultation skills;
- Ability to develop and expand a portfolio of clients by networking and marketing;
- Ability to perform at a high level with minimal management involvement;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively;
- Able to penetrate gatekeepers and establish referrals across the organization;
- Adept at utilizing CRM reports and dashboards;
- Current passport needed for international travel;
- A book of business and/or client following is a plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.